As a mathematician, I can attest that my field is really about ideas above anything else. Ideas that inform our existence, that permeate our universe and beyond, that can surprise and enthrall. Perhaps the most intriguing of these is the way infinity is harnessed to deal with the finite, in everything from fractals to calculus… . Despite what most people suppose, many profound mathematical ideas don’t require advanced skills to appreciate… .Think of it this way: you can appreciate art without acquiring the ability to paint, or enjoy a symphony without being able to read music. Math also deserves to be enjoyed for its own sake, without being constantly subjected to the question, “When will I use this?
I had gotten so used to being alone, but never entirely used to it. Never used to it enough to stop wanting the alternative.
- Boy : Mr. Anderson? Can I ask you something?
- Mr. Anderson : yeah
- Boy : Why do nice people choose the wrong people to date?
- Mr. Anderson : Are we talking about anyone specific?
- We accept the love we think we deserve
- Boy : Can we make them know that they deserve more?
- Mr. Anderson : We can try